A robot is a machine capable of carrying out a complex series of actions automatically. Robots can be guided by an external control device or the control may be embedded within. They may be constructed to take on human form but most robots are machines designed to perform a task with no regard to how they look.
We can distinguish between autonomous or semi-autonomous robots. They range from humanoids, for ex. Honda’s Advanced Step in Innovative Mobility (ASIMO) and TOSY’s TOSY Ping Pong Playing Robot (TOPIO), to industrial robots, medical operating robots, patient assist robots, dog therapy robots, collectively programmed swarm robots, UAV drones such as General Atomics MQ-1 Predator, and even microscopic nano robots. By mimicking a lifelike appearance or automating movements, a robot may convey a sense of intelligence or thought of its own.
Used in a certain way, they may surely help us in a variety of activities, with more accuracy, better performances and more speed. The technology is getting so advanced that robots can, nowadays, simulate our movements and eventually our brain. Therefore, they are employed in so much activities that we wonder if they will replace our jobs and us all completely one day. This stunning video will show you what a robot is now capable of doing. 10+ actions and ways that can literally exclude us from the society if we will lose the control. Despite that, if we will be so wise to use them just to improve our life, there might be still space for us (hopefully we will not be considered an inferior species, not worth living any more -Ed.).
This incredible video demonstrates that a “mass of metal” can do more than we think:
1. Walk: will they join us when we decide to do some jogging?
2. Jump: they may surely avoid obstacles during their path.
3. Walk the stairs: if you think you are safe upstairs, they will reach you in your bedroom too.
4. Pick up heavy objects: no more need of workers in the warehouse.
5. Clean the floor: you can spend the time doing something else, but the cleaner you hire now will be very sad to become jobless.
6. Wash our dishes: this may be a boring task, so some help would be welcome…unless this is not your job.
7. Cook our meals: no more possibilities to fail a recipe.
Will your dish keep the warmth of the human touch? How will the “MasterChef” of the future be?
8. Prepare our best hamburger: Mc Donald’s employee, prepare your baggage.
9. Drive a truck: will the truck drivers be “banned” forever?
10. Drive your car: if you would like to do something else during your travel, this is the innovation for you (sleep, eat, massage, read, etc.).
What if the computer system fails during your sleep? Will you wake up again to tell the story to the next generation?
11. Act as a taxi: next time you call a taxi, a machine will reply you.
The coolest (or worse) part of it? 20 years ago robots were only a sci-fy movie, now they are a reality and already working among us. Watch this video and discover what a machine is capable of. What you will see will be impressive and demonstrates that, one day, robots may substitute us in everything.
Would you employ one of them in your life? Which aspects do you think should be left to humans? What if they will replace us all completely? Will we still have a reason to live any more on this planet and how?