If you are reading this article you love nature and animals and yet photography and stunning shots.
Today we would like to talk about predators and show them during their great moments: hunting and fighting. Those flashing times when the predator catches its prey with astonishing moves and unforgettable images. 20 fascinating pictures of animals in action. The following photo gallery of predators vs preys, shot in crucial occasions, will blow your mind. People who saw these pictures remembered how beautiful nature and this planet are (despite all – Ed.).
Predators are wild animals that hunt, or prey on, other animals. All animals need food to live. Predator animals need the flesh of the animals that they kill to survive. Weasels, hawks, wolves, lions and grizzly bears are all predators. Predators are carnivores, which means their diet consists of meat.
Opposite of predator, you have prey — the animals predators hunt and eat. Prey animals can be anything from the smallest insect to a 1400 pound bull moose. Some prey animals are herbivores, meaning they eat plants. Other prey species are omnivores, which means they will eat plants or animals.
(Source: Idaho Public Television).
Let’s see them “at work” on this fantastic photographs.
1. Bear vs Red Salmon
2. Bird vs Fish: the triple catch
3. Crocodile vs Duck
4. Eagle vs Deer: a demonstration of power
5. Eagle vs Fish: this raptor looks like posing for the photographer
6. Eagle vs Green Snake: hunting or surfing?
7. Eagle vs Snake: close-up
8. Eagle vs Seagull: the second prey seems to fight to rescue his/her partner
9. Hippo vs Gazelle: although hippopotamus are herbivores they are highly aggressive and unpredictable animal and ranked among the most dangerous animals in Africa.
10. Cheetah vs Antelopes: a fascinating photo that would look amazing in a postcard
11. Kingfishers vs Fish: it looks like a kind of assembly line
12. Kingfisher vs Centipedes
13. Kingfisher vs Mouse: not just fish in its diet
14. Leopard vs Gazelle: when you want to keep your “food” safe
15. Lion vs Giraffe: when the size doesn’t matter
16. Lioness vs Hawk: when the competition makes you very angry
17. Lioness vs Zebra: not just a lovely hug
18. Lizard vs Bird: when the prey challenges its predator and doesn’t want to surrender
19. Snake vs Big Fish: sometimes you like being limitless
20. Snake vs Cow: when the size doesn’t stop you
Nature looks like unlimited and always offers us incredible images to admire or study. Which one do you like most? Do you have better photos you would like to share with us?